While we have become more transparent with whole bean coffee, It is also important to us that you know where our milk comes from, what’s in it (or not), and how it’s processed. We now get all our dairy from Kilgus Farmstead! What does this mean?
– Locally produced on the Kilgus family farm in central Illinois.
– Bottled on-farm in their own creamery and delivered fresh — within 50 miles from The Blend.
– Created with All-Jersey® milk known for its rich, full flavor and elevated levels of protein and calcium, from the Queen of Quality™ Jersey cow.
– Creamline®, meaning that the milk is non-homogenized so the cream rises to the top naturally, just as it did when the milkman delivered it long ago.
– From cows that are seasonally pasture-grazed. Kilgus is committed to a pasture-based system.
– Thoughtfully packaged in UV-resistant plastic bottles that extend shelf life and prevent the breakdown of important vitamins and minerals.
– From cows never treated with rBST or other synthetic growth hormones.
We believe that milk should be processed as little as possible, and consumed in the most natural state possible. Homogenization, which is not necessary for any food safety reason, destroys the sweet, creamy taste of fresh milk and alters its molecular structure.
For more information on this process, or lack thereof, visit this very informative page from Farmers Creamery.